Wednesday, August 1, 2012

'Give me two months. I'll announce the wedding date'

`Give me two months. I`ll announce the wedding date`

The actor on his wedding plans to Kareena Kapoor and being ready for rude surprises at the box office

Saif Ali Khan may be thousands of miles away from India currently, shooting for his next home production in Mauritius, but speculations around his marriage have reached him there too. However, basking in the glory of the success of Cocktail, he seems to be in no mood to discuss his wedding date with anyone.

He says, "I can't confirm the date right now. Probably a couple of months down the line, I would speak to you about it. Right now it's only Cocktail, and I want to keep my professional and personal life separate." The film co-starring Deepika Padukone and Diana Penty has been Saif's biggest opening ever.

Too mixed up
Incidentally, Saif says he always had misgivings about his character in the film. "I thought there would be morality issues about me going from one girl to another. But the multiplex audience is ready for a lot of new things. The figures are very respectable. Cocktail did not cater to the masses or the numbers would have been much higher, " states the actor. 


In fact Saif is pleasantly surprised that the numbers of Cocktail are much higher than Agent Vinod.

He laughs, "I don't know what to make of it. Most of the films with four stars don't really do well in this country at the box office. Cocktail is not a perfect film but it is a safe film. Agent Vinod was supposed to be a blockbuster but it did not click. So, I have learnt to work hard for every film and be ready for happy as well as rude surprises."

Light and easy
Saif, who says he is aware that the audience loves him in light comic roles, is glad that he is back to doing what he does best. He says, "I want to do more entertaining films. In the recent past, I have played a serious terrorist, a dalit leader and a spy.


I guess after a long time I have played a character closer to my own personality." Ask him if that's the reason he is doing Judwaa 2 next and Saif states, "It is going to be fun but it's a tough act to follow. I am working on it and I have to make sense doing it. 

I am in talks with Tigmanshu Dhulia and Saket Chowdhury but nothing is completely finalised apart from Milan Luthria's film that I am doing."

Audience or acclaim?
With most of Bollywood's A-list films hitting the Rs 100 crore club at the box office, we ask Saif if he craves more for critical acclaim or box office figures. 

"Definitely box office, but a bit of critical acclaim as well. I won't say that respect is not important, and what critics are saying sometime make sense. But there is a massive disconnect between the audience and the critics, " signs off the actor. 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com 

--
Best  Regards,
jAiFBiNdAs™-A BiNdAs Collection!!
Email:- jaifbindas@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment