Saturday, September 15, 2012

No bikini or skinshow for me: Kajal Aggarwal

No bikini or skinshow for me: Kajal Aggarwal

She's worked with some of biggest stars in Tollywood and when she made her debut in Singham opposite Ajay Devgn, she made Bollywood sit up and take notice too.

The Mumbai-born actress is currently working opposite Akshay Kumar and is keen to work with co-stars her age. `I'm very instinctive about the roles I choose. If I cannot relate to them, I won't be able to do them,` says the B-town newbie. Kajal speaks to CS about roles, competition and her preference for tall men:

Filmi calling
My getting into films was totally by chance. I was in my last year of BMM and was interning with a company when I got an offer to do a Tamil-Telugu film. 

My earlier intention had been to do an MBA, but I just took up this film as a one-time thing as I thought it will look cool on my CV (smiles). There's been no looking back since. I love being a part of the film industry. I don't have a godfather but everyone's been so helpful that I've never felt the need for one.


Competetive streak
My mother once told me that one should never take success to their head and failure to their heart. That's what has kept me grounded. It's best to prove yourself with your work and I believe in healthy competition. Besides, there's work for everyone. 

My contemporaries like Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha are all beautiful, talented girls. All of them have selected films wisely and that's what I'd like to do.

No bikini for me
To each his own. I have my reservations when it comes to skinshow. I would not wear a bikini, simply because I don't think clothes sell a film. As for link-ups, I have learnt to deal with them. I think it's best to ignore them. As long as my family knows the truth and I can laugh about it with whoever I've been linked with, it's okay.


A tall order
I'm single at the moment. The guy who would sweep me off my feet has to be simple, intelligent, have a great sense of humour and has to be tall! He should be at least 6 feet tall, though I don't go by the 'tall, dark and handsome' cliched stuff. I haven't touched a Mills & Boon in my life. I think romance should be rooted in reality. 

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com

No comments:

Post a Comment